A woman unexpectedly died with signs of bleeding from her ears, nose, mouth & eyes.
After a preliminary autopsy, it was diagnosed that her death was due to arsenic poisoning.
Where did the arsenic poisoning come from?
The police therefore, launched an in-depth and extensive investigation and a medical school professor was invited to come help solve the case.
The professor carefully looked at the contents and in less than half of an hour, the mystery was solved.
The professor said: ‘The deceased did not commit suicide and neither was she murdered, she died of accidental death due to ignorance!’
Everyone was puzzled, why accidental death?
The professor said: ‘The arsenic poisoning was produced in the stomach of the deceased.’ The deceased used to take ‘Vitamin C’ everyday, which in itself is not a problem.
The problem was that she ate a large portion of shrimp/prawn during dinner. Eating shrimp/prawn is not the problem either, that’s why nothing happened to her family even though they had the same shrimp/prawn. However, at the same time, the deceased also took ‘vitamin C’, and that is where the problem was!
Researchers at the University of Chicago in the United States , found through experiments, food with soft-shell contain much higher concentration of five potassium arsenic compounds. Such fresh food by itself has no toxic effects on the human body. However, in taking ‘vitamin C’, chemical reaction occurs and the original non-toxic elements change to toxic elements.
Arsenic poisoning has magma role and can cause paralysis to the small blood vessels. Therefore, a person who dies of arsenic poisoning will show signs of bleeding from the ears, nose, mouth & eyes.
Thus, as a precautionary measure, “DO NOT eat shrimp/prawn when taking ‘vitamin C’.”
*Prawns and Vit C cannot be eaten together*