At birth, our skin, especially that on our face is smooth, soft and flawless just like silk but over the years this changes. Many factors such as poor diet, stress, water we use to bath, cold winter air, cosmetics, environmental pollutants and many others start to make our skin rough. If you, like many people suffer from this rough skin, you are in luck because there are several simple things you can do to help regain the smooth skin on your face. How to Have a Smooth Face
1. Apply Lemon, Honey and Olive Oil Face Mask Honey works as both a skin cleanser and an anti-inflammatory because it fights damage to your skin and its antioxidants reduce any signs of aging. The lemon has plenty of vitamin C as well as other nutrients that can help skin problems in addition to giving a glow, reducing dark spots and lightening your skin. Women in ancient times used olive oil to help get beautiful skin as this ingredient can give a glow and help with elasticity. To make the facemask take equal amounts of the olive oil, honey and lemon and then apply it with a cotton ball. Leave it on for 20 minutes then rinse it off with lukewarm water or leave it on overnight rinsing it off in the morning.
2. Moisturize, Moisturizing helps the top layer of the skin retains moisture which in turn allows it to stay smooth. The best time to use a moisturizer is right after your shower as the leftover moisture from your shower will be retained as well as the added bit from the treatment. Another idea is to apply it after washing your hands and right before you go outside in cold weather. If you have normal skin (not too oily or too dry), try a water-based moisturizer. If your skin is dry, you should use a heavier one that is oil based as this won’t evaporate as easily. People with oily skin should also opt for water-based options. Home remedies for moisturizing:
3. Remove Blemishes from Your Face If you suffer from blemishes such as acne, you can remove them with a few simply treatments. A salicylic acid toner or gel will naturally exfoliate the skin, removing acne and preventing its formation. Benzoyl peroxide (either a spot treatment or lotion) is another great treatment for moderate to severe acne. You can also use pore cleaners or face masks, both ones already made and homemade options. If you still have problems, you can talk to your dermatologist as there are more intense treatment options available. Home remedies for blemishes:
4. Get Rid of Winkles Wrinkles develop as we age because our skin loses its elasticity and begins to sag. These can be an unsightly occurrence and can ruin otherwise smooth skin. The good news is that there are several creams available on the market that can eliminate them as well as natural options. Two great examples of homemade cleansers that help eliminate wrinkles are one with milk and honey and one combining lemon juice with sugar. Home remedies for wrinkles:
5. Cleanse and Exfoliate, One of the most important things to do to learn how to have a smooth face is to clean it regularly. Ideally you should use a cleanser that is soap free twice a day as this will get rid of any dirt and oil on your skin and in turn allow it to glow and feel smooth. It is also very important that you remove any makeup before going to sleep. Every woman knows they should but most of us simply feel too sleepy or simply too lazy to actually do so. The problem is that if you leave your makeup on overnight, your skin will become dull and you increase your chances of developing a breakout. You should also be sure to exfoliate your skin regularly as this is necessary to remove any dead cells that have accumulated.
6. Protect Yourself Against the Sun, Sun is most likely the biggest source of damage to the skin so you should always protect it to avoid symptoms of overexposure to the sun such as rough or dry skin, freckles, wrinkles, age spots and skin cancer. The best way to do this is to avoid the sun when it is strongest which is usually between 10 am and 4pm and if you must go outside, always cover your skin as much as you can with your clothing and wide- brimmed hats. You should also use a sunscreen with an SPF of at least 15 and always check that it is sweat-proof and water-resistant.
7. Maintain a Proper Diet, Everyone has heard the expression “you are what you eat” and when it comes to your skin, it is very accurate. If you want your skin to stay smooth, you should eat foods that have high quantities of vitamins A, B1, B6, C and D. Vitamin A and vitamin C are especially great at achieving smoother skin by preventing spots as well as other growths later on in life. It is also a good idea to eat lots of antioxidants and omega-3 fatty acids as well as vitamins from fruits, vegetables and tea as all of these substances will protect your skin from disease and keep it smooth. The most important part of a healthy diet for your skin, however, is water. Keep in mind that most of the human body is water and you need to maintain the proper balance to keep your skin hydrated.
8. Keep a Healthy Lifestyle, Of course keeping a healthy lifestyle is good for your overall health but few people realize that it can also help you have a smooth face. When you exercise you will increase your blood circulation which in turn allows your skin to receive more nutrients. It can even help minimize wrinkles by increasing your body’s production of collagen. Smoking , on the other hand, can harm the skin as it can make the skin turn yellow or brown in color. Alcohol can also cause problems as it leads to problems in the liver which in turn results in a yellowish hue to your skin.
Source New Health Guide
Credit Tiara Boateng
Share This With Your Friends